Games doesent work in Fedora test 3

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 06:42:33 UTC 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Gene C. wrote:

>> >You can do this classification, best at top:
>> >
>> >FireGL 8800
>> >FireGL 8700
>> >Radeon 8500 and 9100
>> >Radeon 9200
>> >Radeon 9000
>> >Radeon 7500
>>
>> Radeon 7200  (original Radeon 32/64 SDR/DDR)
>>
>> >Radeon 7000 and VE
>>
>> You missed one, but other than that your list looks quite
>> accurate 3D performancewise from what I've seen.  ;o)
>
>Mike -- I currently have a Radeon 7500 which I am quite pleased with.  I will
>be putting together a new system and wonder if you can comment on
>price/performance of the above ATI adapters .. or is it simply pick the
>higher numbers.

The list above is sorted from highest performance to lowest
performance fairly accurately based on benchmarks I've seen on
popular websites, etc.  I haven't personally benchmark compared
any hardware above against each other myself though, but I've no
reason to disbelieve the benchmarks I've seen.  You'd have to
search google or something to find detailed benchmarks to back up
the accuracy of the above list however.

As for the price, pick your favourite online computer peripheral
vendor or go to www.pricewatch.com or somewhere and compare
prices I guess.  Prices and availability will vary widely
depending on which country you live in, which province/state, and
where the purchase is coming from, etc.