Suggestions for a good graphics card for RH9/Fedora?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Thu Oct 23 15:34:50 UTC 2003

Am Do, den 23.10.2003 schrieb Globe Trotter um 16:45:
> Thank you very much for your comments. The only suggestion which I have got so
> far is nVidia (which is what I was also thinking of getting, interestingly).
> Any other suggestions?

not from my own experiences. I'm looking for a dual head card (as you
do, too, as I saw in other postings). There are some ATI dual head
radeon, but all I have found have one analog and one digital connector.
So you can not use two analog or better two digital monitors. ATI FireGL
are equiped with two analog/digital connectors, but are much more
expensive.

The Matrox 550 DVI can be connected to two digital or two analog
monitors, that is my configuration.

There are several nvidia cards with can be connected to two analog or
two digital monitors. But I'm a little bit confused about all the
different vendors and don't know about the quality of their products
(e.g. video signal quality). Given all those Taiwan products I'm worried
some may combine a high quality nvidia chip with low quality supporting
chips (and, of course, advertise the nvidia) to accomodate a low price
tag.

Peter