rawhide and up2date

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Thu Oct 23 17:00:31 UTC 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 12:22, ne... wrote:
> On Oct 23, 2003 at 12:05, Gene C. in a soothing rage wrote:
> >You are correct ... sort of.  Ftp access is back.  However, when I tried
> > using lftp to access it using http, I got "403 Forbidden" trying to
> > access /pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/
> >
> >If http access is still not enabled, this will give up2date a problem.
>
> Folks:
>
> Let's be patient and wait for Red Hat to tell us the server
> is ready for action please...

Well folks ...

1. The rhn applet indicates that there are updates waiting.  It seems to be
able to get the header.info file in the rawhide tree and in fact you can wget
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/headers/header.info and get
the file.

2.  With access via ftp working but http not, I am not sure what is going on
and would appreciate someone from Red Hat to clarify.  Others can speculate
but we need Red Hat comment here.  We are fast approaching freeze time and I
would like to get as much fixed as I can.
--
Gene