Compiling NVIDIA driver for -ntpl kernel

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 23 17:46:06 UTC 2003

On October 23, 2003 08:21 am, Christopher A. Williams , <"Christopher A.
Williams" <chrisw01 at privatei.com>> wrote:

> Yet another solution is to run the original NVidia installer program
> with the parameter --add-this-kernel which will create a customized
> version of the installer. Then use that one to install the drivers.

Kindly pardon my ignorance: But is the command *precisely*
"sh --add-this-kernel NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run"
OR " sh -add-{name of current kernel} etc..." I mean is "this-kernel"
a placeholder for the current kernel, or should I type that command
as shown?

Thanks,

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.