up2date crashes und some circumstances

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Fri Oct 24 08:43:59 UTC 2003

I just made a fresh install of FC test 3 and started up2date to get all
the fixes (rawhide seems to be working, again).

After reading the header.info a windows is displayed with a list of
packages which need an update. When I select "update all packages" a
window shows up  "Testing package set / solving RPM inter-deps" The
program is hanging with that window. If I move it it is not redrawn.
When I try to close it after waiting for half an hour I get the message:
Window Progress Dialog does not react and can choose to force a window
close or not.

When I select a random number of individual packages (but not all at the
same time) anything works fine.

Did anybody else observe this behaviour? Is it a bug in up2date or due
to some package inconsistincies in rawhide?

By the way: Are there planings for this message box to give a better
feedback wether it is working or not?

Peter