Fedora and LG CD-RW Drives

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 18:17:57 UTC 2003

On Oct 24, 2003, "Gord Busse" <gordo at bussefamily.net> wrote:

> http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/errata.php3#badlg

> Would like some clarification about this before I download and install
> the Fedora Release (once it is out) as all of my CD-RW drives are LG.

I have several LG CD, CDRW and CDRW/DVD drives at home, and I can
assure you none of the Fedora Core test kernels I have installed on
the machines driving them has caused any problem similar to that
described above.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested all Fedora Core test kernels, only most
of them, and I certainly don't own all variants of LG CD drives, so if
I'm just lucky and you happen to not be, I'm not taking any kind of
responsibility in case your happens to break.  Just to be very clear
:-)