supermount or equiv?

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Fri Oct 24 18:48:13 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 08:13, Mark Guzzo wrote:
> > >  I don't think there is any simple way to unmount
> > > and eject, is that not true?
> >
> > unmount :
> >  - wait for timeout or
> >  - manually umount
> >
> > eject :
> >  - push the eject button or
> >  - use the eject command
> >
> > both can be done from GUI, I guess ( I can't recall doing so lately though )
> >

> Well,
>
> I enjoyed the talk about magicdev and autofs so much that I Googled
> autofs to find out just how to use it. I found some good info, if any
> one wants it here it is...
>
> http://www.linuxhq.com/lg/issue24/nielsen.html
> This site has a script that works like a charm! I'll be doing this on my
> wife's Fedora computer :-)

I wouldn't suggest it.  This doesn't work with GNOME for example.  It
probably only works for the command line.

Linux floppy support for the type of hardware that we have is broken, it
always has been.  If the floppy didn't have an eject button on it and
only worked under software control it would be fine.  In the real world,
however, we have to live with the piece of crap hardware that we have
and Linux just plain doesn't deal with it.  Why the kernel developers
can't fix this is beyond me but....

George Farris	farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College - Cowichan Campus