Ctrl-Alt-Backspace Problem

Steven Mackay esmac9 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 01:10:22 UTC 2003

OK I'm a relative newbie so excuse any stupidity on my part.

I have an Athlon XP 2400+ and when I press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace instead of
restarting X11 I get an immediate shutdown (instant power off)

I've heard this is something to do with my motherboard also using this key
combination.

But it was previously fixed, I didn't have this problem with Fedora 1 but it
reappeared with Fedora 2 and 3.

I'm sorry if this is a non-issue/has been fixed or has already been pointed
out. I searched but couldn't find any mention of it.

Thank you.