Rawhide package problems

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sun Oct 26 03:41:11 UTC 2003

Andre Robatino wrote:
>>Andre Robatino said:
>>
>>>  The following four packages from this morning were improperly built and
>>>can't be installed.
>>>
>>>[andre at localhost up2date]$ rpm -qpi
>>>redhat-config-network-1.3.8-1.noarch.rpm
>>>error: open of <!DOCTYPE failed: No such file or directory
>>>[andre at localhost up2date]$ rpm -qpi
>>>redhat-config-network-tui-1.3.8-1.noarch.rpm
>>>error: open of <!DOCTYPE failed: No such file or directory
>>>[andre at localhost up2date]$ rpm -qpi
>>>redhat-config-services-0.8.5-23.noarch.rpm error: open of <!DOCTYPE
>>>failed: No such file or directory
>>>[andre at localhost up2date]$ rpm -qpi xinitrc-3.35-1.noarch.rpm
>>>error: open of <!DOCTYPE failed: No such file or directory
>>>[andre at localhost up2date]$
>>
>>Maybe you got bad downloads?  I just downloaded and tested those for and
>>the work for me.
>>
>>--
>>William Hooper
>

>   I noticed that for some reason the four RPM files were all 5896 bytes.  I
> cleaned out /var/spool/up2date and tried again and this time the files
> downloaded and installed properly (and were bigger, of course).  I have no
> idea what happened.

I had the same problem with the same rpms that you mentioned. I just
checked the file sizes and they were 5896 also.

I checked the two files with mc viewer and they gave the same doctype
error message that up2date gave.

I updated early this morning

Jim

--
It is the wise bird who builds his nest in a tree.