networking not possible (with DHCP or manual set up)

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander maxka at myrealbox.com
Sun Oct 26 21:39:33 UTC 2003

[This is a resend -- had sendmail troubles.]

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 17:39, Ed Hill wrote:
> You might want to try turning off
> Kudzu and/or upgrading to the latest Fedora Core kernel ("2105").

	I saw that you solved the problem by turning off kudzu, but I wanted to
add my two cents.

	I suspect that if you don't want to upgrade the whole kernel, and you
don't want to turn off kudzu, you can probably solve the issue by
manually compiling and updating to the latest netdrivers over at
http://www.scyld.com/network/

	It's only a few files, and they've been solid as a rock for me on three
different types of network cards. Before I installed them, there was
something in rawhide (probably kudzu) that made by 3c905 stop working
entirely. Now everything is peachy.

	-M