would someone kindly clarify this paragaph, please (RH business model)

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 27 05:23:53 UTC 2003

"Open source software is not free. Though freedom may be an abstract concept
for commercial products, it can be ideal for software. Free software means no
one company can fully own and conceal it. Software lock-in is impossible."

I have just read, and re-read the above statement four times, and I still
don't understand it.
Here's the link:

http://www.redhat.com/about/mission/business_model.html

What I see with my eyes, have read, and (hopefully) understood is:
"Open source software is NOT free". This statement is copied
and pasted directly _as is_ from the Red Hat web page. Are my
eyes deceiving me, or am I NOT understanding something here?

... and NO, I am *not* being sarcastic. I honestly can not understand
that statement.

Elton.
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.