rawhide disconnects after reorg

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Tue Oct 28 04:08:29 UTC 2003

This may be one for Bill Nottingham....

Ever since rawhide was reorganized, I've been unable to connect to it
with gftp. (Coincidentally, perhaps, my regular mirror has not updated.
I wonder if he's having rsync problems for the same reason?)

At any rate, I get the following gftp disconnection error message only
when I try to drop into the last RPMS directory (no other):

CWD /pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/Fedora/RPMS
250 Directory successfully changed
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (66,187,232,30,211,188)
LIST -aL
150 Here comes the directory listing
Connection to rawhide.redhat.com timed out
Disconnecting from site rawhide.redhat.com

Time duration seems to have no bearing on the problem. Using cut & paste
I can go directly to that directory and get booted off quick, or I can
leisurely double-click from / into each successive subdirectory and not
get booted off until the last one.

gftp worked before the reorg, and still works for all other ftp sites I
visit. Is rawhide still recovering from its reorg??

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL