An end to the GRUB/LILO threads...

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Oct 28 17:14:37 UTC 2003

Jeremy Katz writes:
> From: Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>
> 3) The a11y question, but the comments about placing ^G's in the title
> should make that moot I think, as that's essentially what you do with
> lilo as well.

Ahem, comments are not testing and are no substitute for it ...

Turns out that suggestion doesn't work as the beep happens AFTER you
press enter and start the kernel boot. Rather defeats the purpose.

There were also other issues on my short list which I'm not convinced
are adequately addressed. Furthermore, to globalize the response, we
need to gather any other requirements. I'll try to do that in the near
term.

> Jeremy
>

> --

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group