Speakup in kernel

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 18:24:15 UTC 2003

> I am, however, concerned about too great an emphasis on what might
> happen tomorrow when the need today is evident and a popular approach
> readily at hand.

Linux regularly turns down the popular to do it right

> 1.)	Does Kirk now have a list of immediate concerns in sufficient
> detail to respond with appropriate technical detail?

I would hope so, if not I can try and help. The single biggest message is
"get it accepted upstream"

> concerns regarding /proc were not specified. Furthermore, in his
> response, he indicated that he had not received any specifics that
> documented a security issue--only the vague concern that use of /proc
> might do so.

Al Viro may still have some useful comments on this

> 3.)	Do you have any objection to my pinging on this issue monthly?

I think its really important we get accessibility solved, including boot
up and that we end up with good accessibility guides for Fedora. I've also
btw pinged someone at Intel to try and find the right place to talk about
boot time accessibility for the future.

Alan