GPG question:where on the system are my key-pairs?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Oct 28 22:24:14 UTC 2003

On October 28, 2003 05:09 pm, Nalin Dahyabhai , <Nalin Dahyabhai
<nalin at redhat.com>> wrote:
> Key generation (in this case) produces a key pair, one private and one
> public.  So you already have a private key.  You may be confused because
> gpg's --list-keys command lists the keys on your public keyring, not the
> secret keyring.
I see. So in that case, I don't have to worry? I can encrypt to myself, but
I want to test it privately with someone, so that I'm sure I have everything
done correctly.

BTW this is the mose "newbie-friendly" tutorial I can find, and which is
the one I have been using as my guide
http://home.earthlink.net/~cortana/gpghowto.html
If something better or more updated is available, I would appreciate being
re-directed to same!

Thanks,

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.