no X after full upgrade from test3 to upgraded pkgs for test3

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 29 14:23:44 UTC 2003

On October 28, 2003 08:47 pm, Jim Cornette , <Jim Cornette
<redhat-jc at insight.rr.com>> wrote:
> Harry Putnam wrote:
> > After a full upgrade this morning from older test3 to the newest
> > stuff, I'm unable to startx or to boot to runlevel 5.
> > XFREE pkgs were some of those updated and now consist of:
What *video card* are you using? If by any chance it's an nVidia
card, and you have installed their drivers, you might not be aware
that each time you update from rawhide (i.e. install a newer kernel)
you have to re-run the nVidia installer...

... just guessing this might be the case, since you didn't indicate
what card is on your machine ...

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.