gDesklets in Fedora

pjain001 at covad.net pjain001 at covad.net
Wed Oct 29 19:23:11 UTC 2003

Clifford,
Thanks for the reply.  I never installed gDesklets but after seeing your
reply, I decided to download the source and give it a shot.  I got the
following errors when trying to compile:

-----------------------

checking for gnome-python-2.0 >= 1.99.14 pygtk-2.0 >= 1.99.14 gdk-2.0
gtk+-2.0... Package pygtk-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pygtk-2.0.pc'
No package 'pygtk-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (gnome-python-2.0 >= 1.99.14
pygtk-2.0 >= 1.99.14 gdk-2.0 gtk+-2.0) not met; consider adjusting the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a
nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

-----------------------

I'm running FCT3 and have all the packages completely up2date.  These are
the packages I have but I can't seem to find gdk-2.0 anywhere ( I'm
assuming pygtk-2.0.pc is in this package b/c I can't find it on my
system).  Not even on the FCT3 ISOs or rawhide:

gnome-python2-2.0.0-2
pygtk2-2.0.0-1
gdk-pixbuf-gnome-0.22.0-3.0
gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0-3.0