will there be a tui user config

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Wed Oct 29 19:30:31 UTC 2003

Brent Fox wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:11, Will Backman wrote:
>> Some of the redhat-config-* tools have a tui version.  Any rumors of
>> a tui version of the user manager?
>
> It's the first request I've had for a TUI for
> redhat-config-users, so I
> have no plans for this at the moment.  I had always imagined that the
> command line tools were good enough for those who didn't use the GUI.
> Maybe you can explain what you'd like to see from a TUI that
> the command line tools don't provide?
	I know that it's probably a pretty dramatic bit of recoding in most
cases, but I'd like to see TUI versions for _all_ the redhat-config* stuff
(shudder - sudden flashback to linuxconf).  The issue is that I get used to
the GUI stuff (read: crutch - I'll admit it) and, well, forget bits and
pieces of the command line stuff at times.  That, coupled with the fact that
the GUI tools are doing multiple tasks in many cases (like the network and
user tools) make it attractive to me.  In a way it's your fault - you guys
have made the GUI tools too nice :)
	But worth the effort?  Well, that's up to you guys @ RH or one of
the masses now on Fedora to decide.....

My $.02