AW: Mouse - strange bevaviour

Grosswiler Roger roger at gwch.net
Thu Oct 30 06:56:07 UTC 2003

Now, i tried out, what i could. my mouse still laughs on me and insists
working. used gpm -t /dev/mouse -m imps2, i switched the ln -s from psaux
on psmouse, tried all with all mousedrivers deliverd by
redhat-config-boot. Reinstalled a new bios on the compag proliant 1600.
but none works :-( i really would like to get linux up-and-running on this
ancient piece...

So, does anybody have any more ideas?? btw. was studying about installing
a local mouse instead of my kvm-switch's one...the same effect on the ps/2
port....thinking about having a usb-mouse or a serial one...could this
perhaps be helpful?? (ah, yes, getting lots of usb-kernel-errors on
boot-time...)

i think i'm gonna buy a converter ps/2 to usb, so i can connect my
ps/2-mouse to the usb-port of my computer....and hope it's getting
recognized...

Cheers,
Roger