Arjan's kernel 2.6-test9 and logitech usb mouse scroll wheel

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Thu Oct 30 10:03:24 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 03:26, Steve Bergman wrote:
> I installed Arjan's 2.6-test9 kernel on my rawhide box and everything
> pretty much just worked.  My Logitech cordless optical usb mouse works
> except I get no response from the scroll wheel.
>
> The only change is the kernel. With 2.4.22-1.2111.nptl it works
> fine.
>

>From dmesg:

mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1

>From XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
        Identifier  "DevInputMice"