Toshiba Atheros Wi-Fi in Fedora?

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Thu Oct 30 13:50:27 UTC 2003

I have a friend that just bought a Toshiba Satellite P25-S609 laptop.
Awesome looking machine, BTW! I was checking linux compatibility for it
sine I might have to convince myself to buy one now... <grin>. It has an
integrated Atheros 802.11a/g Wi-Fi chip and a software modem, as well as
an NVidia GeForce series video with a 17"diagonal screen (16:9 format)
and TV tuner.

I noticed there are Atheros drivers on Sourceforge now, but I wasn't
sure that had made it into Fedora Core yet. Are they there? Anyone have
any other experience with this series of laptop that can comment?

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,