N00b Alert: up2date CLI and kernels

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Thu Oct 30 16:49:16 UTC 2003

OK, as the subject says, I have a couple questions regarding up2date and
kernels.

First, is there a command-line flag to allow up2date --nox to upgrade
the kernels I have installed?  I'm sure I can undo some configuration
line, but I like not having kernels upgraded willy-nilly.

Second, I want to also get kernel-BOOT, something I've never tried
before.  Do I just use "up2date kernel-BOOT" to download and install it,
or as above, is there a flag I'll need?

Third, will kernel-BOOT show up in my lilo.conf as kernels usually do,
or does it skip it?

Thanks for answering any of my dumb questions.

Matt
--
I am a theoretical chemist.  Fear me!  Please.
 Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/