Xfree86 max resolution

Tino Meinen a.t.meinen at chello.nl
Thu Oct 30 17:13:30 UTC 2003

Op do 30-10-2003, om 07:56 schreef Mike A. Harris:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, selda wrote:
> >Another problem I have is the screen resolution. I don't know why but the
> >maximum resolution I can select is 1024x768. I have ATI Radeon 9000 pro
> >video card.
>
> Check the config file by hand.  If there is a VideoRAM setting in
> there and you didn't put it in there yourself by hand, please
> file a bug report in bugzilla against redhat-config-xfree86.
referring to bug 107345,
why would it be a bug if there is a  VideoRam size setting in Xfree86?
It is indeed no longer present in my XFree86 config but the maximum
resolution offered by redhat-config-xfree86 is not very high (1024x768).
I thought that was *because* the VideoRam size was lacking and that was
a bug?

Thanks
Tino