OO won't create/open documents

Mike Lurk mike.lurk at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 30 20:49:41 UTC 2003

Message: 11
Subject: OO won't create/open documents
From: Lauri Jutila <lists at reforge.fi>
To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:27:50 +0200

What's wrong with my system? OpenOffice won't create or open any OO
documents. When I try to create or open a document, it'll show a filter
selection window and after selecting or not selecting a filter, the
window happily closes and nothing happens.

This occurs with OO versions 1.1.0-3 and Jakub's "optimized" 1.1.0-4. I
have these packages installed:

* openoffice.org-1.1.0-3
* openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-3
* openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-3

Am I missing something here or has anybody else had similar problems? OO
*used* to work fine.

--
Lauri Jutila
Chief Linux Fellow, Reforge
lists at reforge.fi
http://www.reforge.fi

Have you Mozilla installed or not. OpenOffice has a dependency that
Mozilla must be installed. I have both Mozilla 1.4 and Mozilla 1.5
installed on my machine and OpenOffice works fine for me. One other
thing I have Star Office 7 installed as well and it works fine.