Xnest

Malcom Uel barlog_7 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 23:38:15 UTC 2003

Owen Taylor wrote:

>gdmflexiserver -n is much nicer anyways if you want a
>Xnested
>desktop.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good site with doc
of Xnest. I've been trying to get it working for me
for awhile. I have tried to google for it and have not
really found much on it. I've tried some of the
command that have been in this thread includung above.
As a user that resets my whole xsession. And as root
in terminal it spits this out:

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session
manager:Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and
host-based authentication failed.

It does open a window though with the fedora login,
which is what i wanted. The point is, I don't know
that message might not be bad, it might be. But I
don't know and I would like to learn. Also to create a
launcher(I know how to create a launcher just not sure
for this). So if someone could point me in the right
direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks