Testing current rawhide...

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 10:18:31 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Marcus White wrote:

>Are there update iso's?
>
>On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 09:49, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
>> We're at the point of cutting candidate trees for the release, so
>> testing current rawhide would be VERY useful.
>>
>> In particular, the 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl kernel is a new build and
>> could use hammering, and the installer has changed and testing
>> the images would be great; nfs, ftp, and http installs should all
>> work.
>>
>> Other packages that we'd like last-minute testing on include
>> samba, apache, bind, sendmail, ntp, mozilla, openoffice.org,
>> and gnome-terminal.
>>
>> Be aware that we're looking specifically for SERIOUS AND MAJOR
>> REGRESSIONS, not for annoyances you didn't think to file in
>> bugzilla before.  We are looking for (and hoping not to hear)
>> "Monday's kernel works, today my machine crashes on boot" or
>> "test3's samba served content, today it doesn't" or that kind
>> of thing.

There are internally, although I don't know if they were made
publically available or not.  I believe there would be high value
in making them publically available though for some external
final testing, but I'm not sure what the official plan is.

mkj:  Any chance we can push the latest test ISOs out for people
to do final/semi-final testing?

TTYL

(This feels odd replying on bottom to a mail that was replied on
 top.  Probably looks very confusing to people reading it too.
 Ah well, I refuse to reply on top, which is broken, so I'm sure
 people will deal with it, or start a "Why reply on top is
 considered harmful" flamewar or something.  <grin>)