Up2Date looses installed packages during update (showstopper?)

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Fri Oct 31 16:17:00 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 03:22, Michael Ring wrote:
> I used up2date yesterday and it had to update about 20 packages.
> During it installation of kernel-source up2date died because it could
> not install the package. The problem now is, that all packages that
> where to be installed after kernel-source are de-installed!
> I've entered a bug in bugzilla. ID is 108691

This looks closely related to my bug #108652, rather than the one it was
marked as duplicating in bugzilla. I added a comment in the hopes that
someone will see that this (and many of the other up2date problems that
keep reappearing on the list) could be taken care of by simply adding an
extra modicum of sanity checking during the process.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE