graphical boot, "rhgb" and nvidia drivers

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 31 16:43:48 UTC 2003

  ok, i built a new 2.6.0-test9-bk4 kernel, it booted fine, so
i rebooted and added "rhgb" to the grub boot line -- still no
graphical boot.

  but it just occurs to me to realize, this is on a machine with
an nvidia video chip and a loadable nvidia module.  could that be
causing the problem?  that the module is not loaded early enough
to support a graphical boot?  just casting around for ideas.

  sure be nice when we get all this settled.  then i can ask
about ALSA. :-)

rday