ok, graphical boot, one more time

nosp nosp at xades.com
Fri Oct 31 17:41:58 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 17:35, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   all right, i have some intriguing observations to report.  but first, i
> want to settle this "rhgb" boot-line option.  can someone point me to
> where this option has any effect *at* *all*?
[snip]
>   there is, AFAICT, no test *anywhere* that looks for the option "rhgb" on
> the boot line.

I suppose it's magically happening then :).  What's wrong with your
/etc/rc.sysinit?  Mine has the obvious test on line 91:
---
if fgrep rhgb /proc/cmdline > /dev/null 2>&1 && [ "$BOOTUP" = "color" -a
"$GRAPHICAL" = "yes" -a -x /usr/bin/rhgb ]; then
   /usr/bin/rhgb
   RHGB_STARTED=1
fi
---

# rpm -q --whatprovides /etc/rc.sysinit
initscripts-7.42-1

>   however, the whole test is done again around line 560 where, by now,
> /usr is mounted and it should work.

It's line 572 for me.