apt and severn

Antti antti at victoria.fi
Wed Sep 3 10:55:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 22:13, Kyle Maxwell wrote:
> > Hmm, it suggests like 100 rpms. This can't be the correct way. Can
> > somebody tell me how this apt thing works? I mean are these the packages
> > that up2date users get when they upgrade severn?
>
> Actually, 100 sounds kind of low: when I upgraded from Severn to Raw Hide,
> I got closer to 300 RPMs that needed to be updated, and quite a few have
> been updated since then (several of those are the same packages, just
> updated again, but others are new). I can't say for sure that in fact
> you're getting the same ones, but that doesn't sound out of whack at all.
Ok, I did dist-upgrade and got this with like every rpm:

Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives//gnome-spell_1.0.5-2_i386.rpm:
(SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#e418e3aa)

What is this? checksum is bad I guess? How is this possible? My machine
is i686 and not i386... should I do something...

--
Antti <antti at victoria.fi>