RH10 multimedia support

Joseph Phillips jphillips at amphus.com
Fri Sep 5 23:17:45 UTC 2003

You raise a good point.  In Windows, if the user is not logged in with a
regular user account, the plugin installation would not work.

But Red Hat is more sophisticated, since, before proceeding with the
plugin installation, it could prompt the user for the root password.

This ability already exists in Red Hat.  For example, if I load up the
redhat-config-date program as a regular user, then Red Hat prompts me
with a dialogue that explains that administrative privileges are
required, and that in order to proceed I must supply the root password.