Problem with Loki games on Severn

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Sun Sep 7 06:58:53 UTC 2003

             <200309062323.h86NNZD14755 at devserv.devel.redhat.com>

> That would be a useful experiment to be sure it is a glibc issue.

Ok.  I'll attempt it (but don't hold your breath... :)

> Another thing to check is if LD_ASSUME_* settings help

I tried: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 heroes3
slightly different behaviour: the program just hangs after showing a black
screen.  Doesn't report a bug, but doesn't work either.

If I play around a bit with the program switches, I'm able to get it to show
the intro movie with no sound, but as soon as I click the mouse to get the
startup screen, it goes down hard with a bug report.

FWIW, here is the output of ldd and file:
chris: ldd /usr/local/games/Heroes3/heroes3
        not a dynamic executable
chris: file /usr/local/games/Heroes3/heroes3
/usr/local/games/Heroes3/heroes3: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (GNU/Linux), for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, statically linked, stripped

					Christian