XFree86 which version?

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Sun Sep 7 11:10:44 UTC 2003

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

>Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 15:27:50 +0200
>From: Leonard den Ottolander <leonardjo at hetnet.nl>
>To: rhl-beta-list at redhat.com
>Subject: XFree86 which version?
>
>Hi,
>
> Yesterday I downloaded all rawhide updates from my local mirror
>(ftp://ftp.nluug.nl), and today I am getting the last packages that are not
>yet available via the mirror from ftp://ftp.redhat.com.
>
> To my surprise my machine started downloading XFree86-4.3.0-24. This seems
>to be the only version available via ftp.redhat.com (by the way, quite
>annoying that I can't download and have a tree view in my browser at the
>same time because of "too many connections from your IP"), but at
>ftp.nluug.nl only XFree86-4.3.0-25 is available. What happened? Was -25
>pulled from rawhide for some reason?

Yes, there were some problems with that package that prevented
other things from properly compiling, so it was pulled.  Fixes
have been available for a number of days, however our buildsystem
is not being mharris-friendly, so I'm unable to produce new
packages in a timely manner for the public.

The 4.3.0-29 build will appear publically once the buildsystem
lets it pass through.  It builds and works fine for me locally.

Time will tell.