some bugs related to korean chracters in severn

Brian Lee senux at senux.com
Sun Sep 7 15:29:52 UTC 2003

Hi, I found follow bugs.

* Some box line is appears in typing Korean chracters in
  gnome-terminal with ami.  But the box is disappeared when typing
  space. (http://www.senux.com/tmp/archive/severn/korean_gnome_terminal.png)

* I think the default Korean font in Mozilla is not pretty. I
  think many Korean people likt gulim fonts instead of batang. Better
  to set gulim as default in distribution configuration.
  - Ugly (default now) :
  (http://www.senux.com/tmp/archive/severn/korean_mozilla_ugly_font.png)
  - Pretty:
  (http://www.senux.com/tmp/archive/severn/korean_mozilla_pretty_font_with_gulim.png)

* The Ami is in gnome pannel. You know ami is an
  IM(input method) program and I think it is better to
  place ami in the tray of gnome panel. (Near the clock)
  - ami in gnome panel (now) -
  (http://www.senux.com/tmp/archive/severn/korean_ami_in_gnome_panel.png)

* I set the default language to Korean. Korean chracters
  in console mode are all broken. I think it is better to use
  English locale in console mode. The customized version of
  RedHat Linux before like alzza linux, the locale in console
  mode was something like "C" so the chracters are not broken.

* Can't input Korean in gaim. When I didn't type space or
  non-Korean chracters at the end of each line, the line is
  not sent to buddy.
  (http://www.senux.com/tmp/archive/severn/korean_gaim_cant_input.png)

* (This is not specific one to Korean) The gnome panel is
  dead too often. I tried to report the bug but I can't because
  the bug report program is dead too.

* Korean chracter are not shown in OpenOffice. (writer, calc,
  impress) Korean is shonw input bar above cells in calc but not shown
  in cell box. Korean in writer, impress is not shown. The the
  Korean chracters are show in just dots.

  The openoffice are in gnome panel as default configuration and I
  think many people will click it. So this should be fixed or
  the default icon in gnome panel sholud replace to other programs.

Thank you!

--
 ____
 |o | i   / Brian Lee  <senux at senux.com>
 #######|<  Web http://www.senux.com/en/
(x-x-x-x) \ Public GnuPG key: 0x46C763A3