RH10 multimedia support

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at rogers.com
Sun Sep 7 19:58:32 UTC 2003

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 08:51:02 -0700, you wrote:

>I would just like to point out, if anyone from Red Hat is listening, do you
>see what this trouble is all about?  Do you get my point now?
>
>These guys are pulling their hair out trying to get BASIC MULTIMEDIA support
>on their Red Hat system!

Another way of viewing this is to put pressure on the people creating
these various multimedia apps to stop adding new stuff and make their
current offerings more polished.

Many of these "troubles" would likely go away if someone took the time
to create descriptive error messages, useful help systems, and cleaned
up some of the mess that the current systems are.

Why should it be up to Red Hat and the other distributions to figure
out the mess that is installing these apps?