Opinions about MAXIMUM_PARTS crippling in util-linux-2.11r-miscfixes.patch

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Tue Sep 9 12:30:50 UTC 2003

Hello James,

> Don't care about the user, I want the fdisk program to allow the maximum
> partitions on a per drive basis.

 The problem is MAXIMUM_PARTS is a constant, and the length of some arrays
are based on this constant. This means you would also have to introduce a
variable maximum_parts to use in equations.

 If we follow the number of device nodes logic MAXIMUM_PARTS should be 0,
because currently I can create 16 partitions on a floppy disk of which I
can use none, due to the fact that there are no device nodes available.

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!