Galeon-1.3.8 for Severn/Rawhide

Joel Young jdy at cs.brown.edu
Thu Sep 11 12:46:29 UTC 2003

Nils wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 08:16:09AM -0400, Joel Young wrote:
> >
> > Gives this error:
> >
> > /usr/bin/galeon-bin: relocation error: /usr/bin/galeon-bin: undefined symbol: ORBit_skel_class_register
> >
> > 1.3.7 was fine.
> >
> > ORBit2-2.6.2-2
> > ORBit2-devel-2.6.2-2
>
> You need ORBit2-2.8.0-1 for this to work which you can get from Rawhide FTP.

Yes.  I tried upgrading to ORBit2 from rawhide (said version).
This requires upgrading libIDL.  The consequences of upgrading
these two packages is a completely dorked system.

galeon no longer gives the symbol error but instead tells me
that bonobo is messed up and I should run bonobo-slay or something
like that.  The bonobo-activation framework becomes messed up.
Logging out-logging back in doesn't help...panel crashes every
second nautilus generates error dialogs every second.

So I backed these out and will wait a bit.  I can just rebuild
the galeon src.rpm to avoid this dependency until I am ready to
really upgrade my system?

Joel
--------