XMMS 1.2.8 ... realy was that necessary ?

Kyle Maxwell kylem at xwell.org
Sat Sep 13 02:36:10 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 18:04, Botoaca Andrei wrote:
> Ok. I get it ... updates ... yes ... no harm, I know it's a beta ... but
> couldn't you at least test a bit the software ... for example basic
> functions ... try resizing the playlist ... IT DOES NOT WORK! Xmms goes all
> crappy about it ...
> I think you could have left the old one for a while, or at least check their
> bug posts ... because there are so many threads about that ...
>
> Tx, and no ofense ... but don't include everything "LATEST" in your distro,
> cause it might NOT work.

I think you might be missing the point of running Raw Hide. It might act
funny, it might not work, it might totally break, and the only thing
you're guaranteed is to keep both bits (to borrow a phrase).

This *is* the testing, to see if it might work or not when the
distribution is released. If you don't want software not to work, run a
released version and just keep up with the errata. One of the best
descriptions of testing -- it's almost a manifesto -- was posted to this
very list,
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/phoebe-list/2003-March/msg00140.html. Read that and decide if you want to keep running the risk that "it might NOT work".

--
Kyle Maxwell <kylem at xwell.org>