serious redundancy in bugzilla regarding betas

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sat Sep 13 09:44:33 UTC 2003

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 05:30:11 -0400 (EDT), Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> oh, lord, it's hard to misunderestimate the entertainment value i get from
> these lists at times. :-)
>
> currently, at bugzilla, one finds among the list of products:
>
> RH Enterprise Linux
> RH Enterprise Linux Public Beta
>
>   (which makes sense)
>
> RH Linux
> RH Linux Beta
> RH Public Beta
>
>   (which is confusing as heck)
>
> clicking from one of these betas to the other clearly changes the
> contents of the "Version" list next to it, which suggests there are
> really different ... somethings.
>
> some clarification would be nice.

Before "Severn" and the plans on the RHLP, there had been

  Red Hat Linux
  Red Hat Public Beta
  Red Hat Raw Hide

and a hidden "Red Hat Linux Beta" for the members of the non-public
beta program. This has changed. Now there is only:

  Red Hat Linux
  Red Hat Linux Beta
  Red Hat Raw Hide

And as pointed out earlier in a different thread, I find it extremely
unfortunate that with the current situation, the last two are not tied
together and the "See bugs in this component" button does not take
into account bugs in Raw Hide. So, before submitting a new report
about Severn, one must query at least Raw Hide and Shrike, too.