X Windows problem

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Sat Sep 13 16:16:53 UTC 2003

  Starting with the XFree86-4.3.0-25 updates, there is an annoying bug that
affects dragging windows.  Often, when I click on a window menu bar to drag
it, it won't move.  When I click on it again, then it will move.  If I click
on the menu bar once and it doesn't move, if I move the mouse pointer
somewhere else and click again, the window suddenly jumps to the new
location.
  I tried downgrading to the 4.3.0-24 packages and the problem persisted.
The newer 4.3.0-29 packages haven't helped either.  Could the original
Xfree86-4.3.0-25 packages have caused some configuration change that has to
be fixed manually?

I don't know much about the internals of X Windows so I'm not
sure what package to file a bug report under.  (XFree86 or one of the
associated XFree86 packages?)