faq? rawhide

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 13 16:37:58 UTC 2003

On September 13, 2003 11:11 am, Michael Schwendt Michael Schwendt
<ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de> wrote:

> > upgrade to rawhide? When I use "up2date -ul" it only shows me two
> > packages for my system
>
> Subscribe to the "Severn Updates" channel. https://rhn.redhat.com
I have my machine subscribed to that channel, but it doesn't update
anything. Until I installed yum, I was doing my rawhide updates the
"old" manual way: open /var/log/rpmpkgs, and while comparing
its contents, download the newer packages from rawhide.

Now I use "yum update rawhide". However, just to educate myself,
do I need to configure up2date so that it fetches stuff from the
channel, rather than having to call up yum, every so often?

Elton
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.