Numlock

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Mon Sep 15 19:05:56 UTC 2003

On Sep 15, 2003 at 14:55, Owen Taylor in a maddening rage wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 13:38, Bjorn Andersen wrote:
>> Hi
>> Is it not about time that GNOME supports the numlock key?
>> KDE has supported it since ver. 2.
>>
>> When i try to install it in X, i use a program called Xnumlock.
>> But Xnumlock does not work in redhat 9, so I think it is a god idea
>> finally to get normal Numlock support under GNOME (without the
>> Xnumlock patch).
>>
>> Are there any plans for that in the final release?
>
>789456123
>
>Huh?
>					Owen
>
>P.S. If you disabled XKB on your system, an entirely unsupported,
>     unwarranted and evil thing to do, then you may find GTK+-2.2.4
>     better than the 2.2.2 that shipped with Severn.
>
>     And get rid of Xnumlock. I dont' know what it does, but it
>     can't be anything good. Numlock works perfectly fine without
>     running any extra programs.
Can you please tell us kind sire how we would go about this
without aktually pressing the numlock key?

TIA.

I think the world is ready for the story of an ugly duckling, who grew up to
remain an ugly duckling, and lived happily ever after.
		-- Chick
 15:04:58  up 22 days,  2:39,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00