xterm busted?

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sat Sep 20 03:18:02 UTC 2003

Pat Gunn wrote:
> Anyone else been having this problem?
>
> # up2date xterm
>
> Installing...
>    1:xterm                  ########################################### [100%]
> There was a fatal RPM install error. The message was:
> There was a rpm unpack error installing the package: xterm-179-5
> #
>

> ---
> Pat Gunn
> mod: csna, bmcm, bmco, cooa, cona, clpd comod: coom
> http://dachte.org
> "Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box."
>     --Italian Proverb
>

> --

I had the same troubles with getting xterm to install from rawhide. It
requires   XFree86-truetype-fonts. I am not sure why a basic xterm would
require trutype fonts. Terminal fonts would be sufficient.

BTW - I removed xterm and tried to install the program from RHN and it
errored. I then ran yum and ended up getting the older version.

Next, yum errored about depending upon an additional package. I ran the
command below. (After apt-get suggested it.)

apt-get upgrade xterm -f

Jim

--
The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
whether submarines can swim.