Redhat Lite

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Sat Sep 20 10:29:38 UTC 2003

Jef Spaleta wrote:

> Too bad the thread about people's intent to rework the minimal
> install groupings dried up. Did anyone ever come back to this list
> with a finished reworked comps file for the community to test?  I
> don't want to name names (mostly becuase that would require
> datamining the thread archive and i don't care that much) but it
> would be nice if people who said they wanted to play with the comps
> file to make the minimal install better actually reported back with
> a testable/discussable file.

Actually we did, several times even. The thread as more about the high
RAM requirements of the installer, but we (well, the most work was done
by Michael Fratoni) also slimmed down the base installation. Go to
http://www.rule-project.org/en/index.php for more informations and
downloads.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker