Is it me or... kernel-2.6.0-0.test5.1.38

Raxet maxer1 at xmission.com
Sun Sep 21 20:07:48 UTC 2003

I have never been able to use this 2.6.0 test kernel series to any real
advantage yet.

Two very large looming problems exist for me at least:

1. No firewire detection available, even after using the bourne script
rescan-scsi-bus.sh.

2. No USB printing either.

To fill you in on what kernel works for both  - RH 9 kernels

Severn works on the printing side with the .nptl series kernels.

So while 2.6.0 boots well, I can't really use it in doing CDRW's or printing
at all.

And that's a bummer.

Anyone else have some advice for getting sbp2.o driver to really recognize
firewire drives?

I'm stymied.

Raxet