What are consequences of "merger necessitates removal of ... packages due to licensing issues"

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Tue Sep 23 04:36:36 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 01:32, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Randall J. Parr wrote:
>
> > I'm frustrated. It seems every time we start to get close to solid,
> > useable, way to build/expand/maintain a full-featured Red Hat
> > workstation/desktop it is snatched away.
>
> I understand the Fedora people have their build system
> software published, so anybody can easily create a 3rd
> party repository of packages ...

Yes and us original fedora.us people have planned for this thing
beforehand - there *will* be a third party repository carrying the stuff
that was removed from fedora.us, maintained by non-US folks and under a
different name which will be kept 100% compatible with what comes out of
this new merged Fedora Project.

	- Panu -