Fedora Core & apt.

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at lopht.net
Tue Sep 23 05:18:16 UTC 2003

So, Fedora is/was an apt repository (yum too but I'm focusing on apt
here). I noticed in Michael Johnson's announcement of the whole name
change that up2date now supports apt repositories. Is Fedora Core going
to 'switch' to up2date? Or will we soon be seeing the first ever
instance of a Red Hat distro (which won't actually be called a Red Hat
distro) that can be apt-based? Like, Fedora Core will be an actual
distribution I can install on an empty machine, right? So will I be able
to install it to use apt? This whole thing is making my head spin.

ps - I think up2date/RHN is a really good tool, addressing many of the
things apt fans say RPM lacks (even though it doesn't make sense to
compare apt to rpm, but that's a debate for another day).