What are consequences of "merger necessitates removal of ...

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Tue Sep 23 09:59:49 UTC 2003

Maynard Kuona wrote :

> I think your repository is really nice. Are you planning on doing
> anything about co-operating with Fedora? Freshrpms was my first
> experience with apt-get for Redhat, and a very good one too. Maybe a
> little sub-channel would be in order. Something which basically carries
> the packages Redhat can not carry. Like the CSS stuff, mp3 stuff, XVID
> etc. Just so that people do not have to mix two entire repositories of
> software. I am pretty sure Fedora cannot have dependencies with those
> packages, so it should not break anything.

Isn't this what I've always done? Isn't this what I'll still be doing?
Yes. Yes.

I'm located in Spain/France, ayo.freshrpms.net (the main download server)
in Ireland and all the rest should be moving to The Netherlands (I'm still
looking for a server donation btw), so until software patents get through
in Europe, which may happen unfortunately but we are many fighting against,
there should still be what RHL/Fedora users need available as usual.

Matthias

 running Linux kernel 2.4.22-20.1.2024.2.36.nptl
Load : 0.13 0.17 0.15