What are consequences of "merger necessitates removal of ...

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Sep 23 10:42:32 UTC 2003

Fedora Packages have always been problematic with anything other than Red Hat
and fedora.  which has made this tough  as the alsa support at Fedora  is
non-existant,  i much prefer alsa for sound so i use freshrpms and only use
from fedora packages  that i have wanted  that were not availiable elsewhere.
and i have even submited a couple of packages at fedora.  i hope  that the
incompatabilites will be resolved. I honestly dont think Fedora has all the
answers  and all it curreently has is a basic framework.  But it is a good
starting point.  i personally would like to see releases only yearly or less.
with updates constantly. new releases  should only come when compatibility
with the release is about to be broken.  take that step then and only then.

Dennis