Fedora Core, Fedora Project, Fedora/GNU, Fedora BSD, Fedora Coupe deVille, Fedora ala mode

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 21:55:30 UTC 2003

>   Well, depending on the new trademark rules for the Fedora name and
> associated logo(s), there may be plenty of opportunities for third party
> Fedora Core based products.  Even if they aren't lenient enough, I for

The goal is to make those opportunities happen, but to protect the thing
itself (ie Fedora Core is the official Fedora Core etc), but expecting
people to also bundle other stuff with it in many cases, and likewise to
recognize that the ability to charge a certain amount for redistribution
encourages a lot more ways to get copies.

The exact rules are something the legal folks have to draft but its mostly
a case of turning those goals into watertight valid legal language.